Friday, August 1, 2014

Bus To Mothers 2014

One day during the flurry of emails and productivity at work, I afforded myself the opportunity to look at my phone. I had a message from Central States Beverage.

"You have been selected to join us on the Bus to Mothers!"

There is Kyle! He is pretty much a celebrity!
I was ecstatic and I immediately started making plans with work and family so that I could be gone for the day on Friday June 20th, 2014. I had heard so much about the Bus to Mothers over that past few months. Each time learning a little bit more about what it was all about and why people wanted to get on it. People were doing more and more crazy things to get a seat on that bus. 

So what is Bus to Mothers?

Think of the most awesome day trip you most likely have ever had. Give yourself a designated driver, a bus full of some really cool people... Oh and a very large cooler full of Mother's brewing beers, including Raspberry Imperial Three Blind Mice! One of my favorite beers overall. (Don't tell anyone but I may have been selfish and had the entire bomber to myself. IN MY DEFENSE, I did offer some to others around me)

To start from the beginning of the day, I was told to show up at 9 am on Friday morning. I pulled in and was handed a cup and told to pour myself a beer off the taps while I waited. I started off with a Boulevard Ginger-Lemon Radler, nice and light for early morning. Then we have a pre-bus ride photo opportunity. I am there behind the guy in the plaid shorts. For some reason they put a tall goofy guy in the front and middle. That really wasn't thought out...




Hey David, Macy, and Adam
Now that I have the full picture (pun intended) of what the Bus to Mother's is, I consider myself blessed to have gotten a seat.



Cheers to my friend Andrew!
While we tasted the good brews of Mother's Brewing on this charter bus, we played a fun trivia game and had a lot of laughs. As we pulled into Springfield, I was shocked that the brewery was a straight shot into town and very easily accessible. If you have a chance to even just drive through Springfield, MO, go to Mother's Brewing Company. Very nice people and a get a beer(or twelve) from their great set of taps. I challenge you to taste all of their beers. I bet you can't do it, I am just saying!

The brewers there gave us a very nice tour. They showed us the normal tour kind of stuff, but then they also showed processes and equipment as we walked by and answered all of our questions, which were a lot even considering how many beer geeks were on the bus. Speaking of being a geek, a walk in cooler there had a door sized sticker of Han Solo frozen in carbonite! That was really cool! If you don't know what that is, one WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING?!?! Obviously, under a rock! Two, its okay that you have been deprived, so let's fix this. Go watch the Star Wars movies. All of them. Start with A New Hope through Return of the Jedi. Then Episode I through III. The way they were made and intended... Wow! I have digressed.

On the actual Mother's Tour! Those are actual barrels!
Anyway, after the tour Central States catered some pretty awesome Mexican food. I wish I had caught the name of the place that made the food, but I am sure that someone will let me know who did that. Either way the food was great.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

The main reason we came down to Mother's was to have a great time. One of the main contributing factors to us having a great time was the Beerlympics that were held in the green space beside Mother's Brewing. A Beerlympics for those novices in the group, is a set of events or games that may or may not have something to do with beer. Each participant will get points for each event and the individual with the highest score wins. There were a few events that were held to determine the Grand Champion of Bus to Mothers 2014.

We competed in four events:

  1. Keg toss
  2. Bocce ball
  3. Potato sack race
  4. Beer Pong toss
Had to get a souvenir growler!
There may have been other events but I was beaten so bad in the Keg toss and Bocce Ball toss that I gracefully bowed out and found a beer. The reason I was beaten so bad in these events may have had something  to do with that I am not very graceful and slipped on the grass as I tried to throw each item.

The winner of the competition, my friend Andrew, got a year supply of Mother's! Plus a four pack of MILF on the spot! I am so jealous and I hope to go next year! I will be training for it, now that I know what to expect. Andrew, I am coming for your crown sir! Watch out!

As an added bonus, we stopped at Osceola Cheese Factory on the way home. I got to get some cheese and my favorite soda as a kid at Boy Scout Camp, Peach Nehi. Yes, I participated in Boy Scouts as a kid. Get over it.

I had a blast on this trip hanging out with friends and meeting new people! I cannot wait to get on the Bus to Mother's 2015! Are you going to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment