Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Advent Calendar Day 23: Wild Beer Bliss, Fake Fires, and Early Christmas Presents

When I came home from work tonight, I was greeted with the sound of Scottish songs from one of her shows with a fake fire on the TV screen. This was an interesting and enjoyable scene to come in on, because I enjoyed the music playing, and C was relaxed and burritoed into a blanket sitting in front of the TV as if the fire was real. My dogs, while they were excited to see me, were just as eager to lay back down as if to bookend C. It was definitely a comfortable atmosphere to come home to. I really want to start using the fireplace and cozy next to it as I blog future posts.

Because C and I have differing plans for Christmas Eve, we have already exchanged gifts and spent quality time together. We also know the next few days will have plenty of family togetherness and that we will be ready to breath in a few days. C thought that it would be a good idea to exchange presents early so that it wouldn't be lost and forgotten in the hustle of multifamily Christmas. C did really well! She not only gave me a sign for approval in installing a kegging system! She found a tap handle made from an old Nintendo Entertainment System controller. The NES controller brought back memories of never being able to beat the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles video game or really wanting to actually shoot the dog on Duck Hunter. This will be my first tap handle, as I will find three more for my home brew kegs that will be on tap here at the house. You will have to come take have some when I get it set up.

After finishing up work for the year and getting much needed rest and relaxation, I decided it was a good time to bring out a wild card of a beer. With The Wild Beer Company Bliss, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. According to the label, they really like to push the limits, expand palates, and create a beer experience with each beer. Bliss is wild yeast beer brewed with roasted apricots and spices. This beer poured darker and more amber than I was expecting. The aroma and taste are very complex with a great funkiness to it. In beers that list a fruit in them, you usually just get the sweetness or candy flavor of that candy. With Bliss you get the acidity and and mellow flavors of apricot. This beer was expensive for the quantity and while it was a great beer, I would look for another from this brewery before getting this one again.

23 down... 1 to go!! TOMORROW IS CHRISTMAS EVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment