Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day! Let's all get Chocolate Wasted!

If you felt you missed out on the Chocolate Ale from Boulevard, don't despair! I have been on the look out for a few other beers that C and I will be enjoying this Valentine's Day.

The usual problem I have with a lot of "chocolate" beers is that they have more of a burnt malt flavor that you are supposed to detect a slight chocolate note out of.  Here are some of the other chocolate style beers we will be enjoying today.


  • Southern Tier Choklat Stout
  • Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence
  • Arcadia Ales Cocoa Loco
  • Woodchuck Hard Cider Cellar Series Chocolate (C is excited for this one)
  • Shocktop Chocolate Wheat
  • And I will probably stop on the way home to see if I can't find another one.
  • Southern Tier Creme Brulee Milk Stout (Not a chocolate beer but a good desert beer)
Here are a couple to stay away from:

  • O'Fallon Cherry Chocolate Beer
  • Sam Adam's Chocolate Bock
    • Not a bad beer but only available that I have seen in a variety pack
Have a safe and fun Valentine's Day! Let me know what you do for yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment