Friday, April 18, 2014

Am I a beer snob?! Are you?

Am I a beer snob?!?!?!

I saw this picture recently and I was feeling pretty good as I made way down the list of signs. I thought to myself, "Surely, I am not a beer snob!" (I am serious and don't call me Shirley.) There has been a lot of discussion lately about beer snobs, beer geeks, and beer drinkers. I would consider myself a wanna be beer geek who hopes that he is not pretentious to be considered a beer snob. I am a wanna be because I have a lot to learn and I am very excited to learn/drink my way to become a true beer geek. We are all beer drinkers that are looking to have a good time despite any difference in the definition of a good time. I will make fun of my friends for drinking Miller Lite, but they are still my friends. I am trying to find a balance of showing people what is out there and celebrating people taking risks and finding new beers on their own. Even more than that, I don't want to be a jerkface and alienate others away from craft beer. **Steps off soap box** I kept a tally of which of these symptoms I display. My count is a soft 5. I am half a beer snob. Do you disagree? I know some of you have seen me in the act of some these signs. Call me out on it! Comment on this page or on the Scouting the Taps Facebook and Twitter! Tell me of a time where I am guilty of one of these signs. Which ones do you show, if any? I am sure there might be a time when you might have dabbled down the path to the snob side of beer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment