Thursday, December 11, 2014

Advent Calendar Day 11: Lagunitas Little Sumpin Wild Ale and more BrewDogs

Tonight I am drinking Lagunitas Little Sumpin Wild Ale. I really like Little Sumpin Sumpin, so I wanted to try this one. Little Sumpin Sumpin has the grain build of a wheat and the hoppy goodness of an IPA. Little Sumpin Wild is the same beer fermented with a Trappist yeast that brings some flavors that reminds me of a wild ale mixed with a good hop profile. The beer pours light with a thick head. This beer is so crisp and refreshing that I drank it kind of fast. The flavors I got was the wild sweetness and balance. This is an enjoyable beer that I feel the experienced beer nerd can enjoy and share with a beer noob.

I got to drink this beer while watching some BrewDogs on Esquire Network. Man! Those guys are hilarious and adventurous. Tonight, I watched the over the top Vegas, fast Delaware, windy and green Chicago, and ancient Durango episodes. I watch the series not only because it is entertaining, but in large because I learn a tremendous amount beer, brewing, food pairing, and of places I will go when I get to those cities.

11 down... 13 to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment