Friday, December 19, 2014

Advent Calendar Day 18: Stone Coffee Milk Stout and Defining Fastidious

Fastidious

  1. excessively particular, critical, or demanding; hard to please
  2. requiring or characterized by excessive care or delicacy; painstaking
I really learned this definition because I didn't want call myself picky. When I go to bars and restaurants that have beer on tap, I have to go take a pass at the bar to visually confirm what is on tap. I don't trust the beer menu, because it could be out dated and I could miss a beer that I could want. Sometimes I take longer to make my decision for beer than I do for dinner. Why do I bring this up? I went to dinner with friends and the place had something like 30 taps! Unfortunately 15+ of them were a variation on a light lager. It took a couple passes at the bar and couple questions to finally settle on a vanilla porter. Some may think that picky or ridiculous. I think it was worth it! I am fastidious and I prefer the second definition.

After enjoying dinner, I come home and raid my fridge. Tonight I pick out Stone's Coffee Milk Stout. I have heard a lot of really good things about this one. Once I opened and poured the wickedly dark and I immediately regretted taking a whiff. My mind thought I was smelling morning coffee and started waking up at night! This black beer had the amazingness that is coffee and awesomeness that is a creamy milk stout. I have found that if people like coffee this is a surprising beer that can get them to enjoy quality beers. 

You may want to go find this beer if you have morning coffee. This can be your evening coffee... or you know what this can be your day drinking beer. I wont judge you for that!

18 down... 6 to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment