Monday, December 8, 2014

Advent Calendar Day 8: Adventures and Ebel Weiss

I get home from work and C tells me that we should go on an adventure. That adventure involved piling the dogs in the car and continuing a podcast that we have started. If you haven't heard of Serial, then you should go check it out. A true story about a person convicted of murder and the case against him. I am hooked and this is a good thing to listen to and talk about with those you are with.

NOTE: DO NOT GOOGLE SERIAL TOO MUCH! THERE ARE SPOILERS OUT THERE!

If you want to listen to it, click here and then click Subscribe. Just do it and you can thank me later.

C and I listen to Serial as we drove around looking for some good beers to buy. We decided to try to in Eastern Jackson County. While we did find some Prairie Christmas Bomb, we were reminded that EJC bottle shops need some help and upgrade in selection.

We get home and C picks out a beer for me and tells me to watch the end of the football game. I am a lucky guy.

She picks out Ebel's Weiss by Two Brothers Brewery out of Warrenville, IL. I was really interested in the beer when we picked it out. This is a German style hefeweizen. This unfiltered wheat beer is light and easy drinking. I really like the banana flavors and the mouthfeel was pleasant. I feel that this beer might be quickly compared to an unfiltered wheat that everyone is familiar. I don't think that it should. I believe this beer is supposed to be different and has it's own identity. The sweetness and maltiness of the beer really show up and declare the beer's style.

8 down... 16 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment