Saturday, December 20, 2014

Advent Calendar Day 19: Christmas Lights and Cathedral Square Holy Moly! Imperial Stout

Christmas is season of warmth and light despite the cold dark nights. I am not sure how Christmas lights got their start. Their use, however, in decoration spans house trim, forms pictures, or even timed with music becoming an integral cornerstone of Christmas traditions. When C told me she wanted to go see some lights, I said "Cool! We can go to Christmas in the Park." This is at 6 PM. After dinner, we get to Longview Lake, where this drive through light display is, a little after 7 PM. There is a line to get to the beginning of the show. So we wait... FOR 50 MINUTES!! Lesson learned, never go to see the lights the Friday before Christmas.

There were a few silver linings to this wait. C and I got to spend quality time together and listen to the season finale for Serial, the well written, thought provoking podcast that examines a real murder case spurring conversation and debate. You should go listen to this series and tell me who you think did it.  Another positive, C felt like she had to make something up to me so she bought me a beer that I will have to blog about at another time.

Once we got into Christmas in the Park, the lights were amazing and really made the season shine bright. There was plenty of positive warm thoughts while we drove through the amazing lights formed into snowmen, reindeer, Santa Claus, some winter fun shenanigans. I would definitely suggest going, just maybe on a weeknight or something.

When we got home at 8:45 PM, we put on C's favorite Christmas movie Muppet Christmas Carol and I got out a nice big beer. I picked out Cathedral Square Holy Moly! Imperial Stout. This is a brewery I haven't heard a lot about out of Saint Louis, MO. After drinking this beer I am thinking I need to keep an eye for more from them. This beer poured Priest smock black. The caramel or expresso color head on the beer was airy and melted into the beer. The beer went down smooth and creamy. The bomber I had was not enough.

19 down... 5 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment