Sunday, December 21, 2014

Advent Calendar Day 21: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose and My Economic Dilemma

I have begun to realize a huge pitfall in my hobby of evangelizing quality beer. The more I have friends like the beers I buy, then either I have to buy more, have less for myself, be a jerk and not share my beer. The moral and economic dilemmas are harsh.

As an example, I present exhibit C. When I met C, she didn't have bad taste. She just didn't explore other options to drink as much. As we both have toured the world of beer, we took some chances and some of them paid off! Recently we have discovered for ourselves a couple weird styles, one of them being a Gose. The gose style is most notably a tart beer with a strong saltiness characteristic. Most goses also have a herbal element to them.

Anderson Valley Brewing makes a Highway 128 Session Series. This series of beers includes at least to gose beers. One of them being the Blood Orange Gose. As this was one of C's choices I am going to let you make the guess as to which glass I drank out of with this beer.

The Blood Orange Gose is crisp and refreshing. The tartness is balanced by a bold citrus flavor. If you have wanted to try the gose style, I would suggest this one as good and easy drinking version of this style.

As for my moral and economic dilemma, I will have to keep on giving and hope others give back. But that is just who I am? What you do in my situation?

21 down... 3 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment