Monday, December 8, 2014

Advent Calendar Day 7: Counting My Blessings and Graham Cracker Porter

The weather gets cold and the days grow shorter. The leaves fall lightly from the trees and coats become heavier and fluffier. It is very easy to get negative during the winter season due to the gloomy weather, cabin fever, the financial taxing of Christmas Shopping, or even the stress of family get togethers. Or worst of all your football team gets embarrassed in their supposed push to the playoffs... Oh well!
It is times like this that we can take a step back and breathe. We can take inventory of our blessings. On those rough winter nights I am reminded of a song.

(In a Bing Crosby singing voice) If you are worried, and you cannot sleep. Just count your blessings, instead of sheep. And you fall asleep counting your blessings. (That's for you Mom!)

My blessings are many and sometimes I need to be reminded of those. Tonight I take that opportunity to remind myself of those blessings as I pour an amazing porter. The Denver Beer Co Graham Cracker Porter is probably one of may favorite porters. The dark beer has a thick head on it and pours wonderfully thick. The aroma and taste are sweet and warming. I really wish this beer was available in the Kansas City area. 

As I sip this beer I smile while I remember my blessings. I live in an amazing house with an loving family. (Yes, my dogs are apart of my family!) My parents and my sister love me. They are proud and supportive of me. I have a job that challenges and will provide me growth opportunities. I have access... to great... beers... I am... apart of... a great... craft beer community... Zzzzzz....

7 down... 17 to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment