Saturday, December 6, 2014

Advent Calendar Day 6: Brew Dog Punk, More BBQ, & Adulthood

Being an adult sometimes sucks! When you have to be productive or responsible on a Saturday because you need to run errands or go to your friend's kids birthday, you sometime yearn for those days of yesteryear. I was able to get up at noon and not have a care until I wanted to go hangout with friends. Today I got to sleep in till 8! I had to drop off dry cleaning and compost waste. So there is that...

However a benefit of getting up earlier is that you can have brunch at a newer BBQ place on the Kansas side before they sell of food for the day. The hole wall joint is called Slap's, and... wow, go try this place! The sausage, smoked turkey, ribs, burnt were amazing. The sides dishes weren't sides because I could them all day! That's delicious they were. We came back from Kansas to let the dogs out and relax before a kids birthday party. We got him Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Legos! That wasn't possible when I was younger! My head would have exploded if I got those Legos!

However, before we go to Henry's 5th birthday party, I get to take a few minutes to enjoy a good beer and tell you about it. C handed me a beer to relax with. Something light and that wouldn't knock me on my butt, after all I have to be responsible for the rest of the day. C picked a Brew Dog Punk IPA. And here I thought I had a lot of darker beers in my fridge.

Brew Dog IPA is a light IPA with a good citrus flavor. The beer poured with a nice head and subtle aroma. The flavor was light and I would pair it with a good BBQ. Man I wish I had had this beer while I was eating the sausage and burnt ends at Slap's!

The crazy ideas and off the cuff hilarity from Martin and James of Brew Dogs are really intriguing and I am fired up to try more beers from their brewery. The inventive and down to earth way they feel about craft beer and helping people experience that beer really draws me in. I can't wait for more Brew Dog beers to come to this area. I hope to one day travel like they do and experience the many aspects of beer culture in the cities of the world. We will have to come up with a plan to accomplish this!

Go give Brew Dogs and Slap's a try!

6 down... 18 to go!! Advent Calendar Day 5: Mongolian Grill and Puckering Sour!

No comments:

Post a Comment