Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Advent Calendar Day 15: Stone Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastard Ale and Customer Service

For those of you who know me, you know I have been in Customer Service since my first job waiting tables in college. I grew as a professional in the same field when I worked for H&R Block. I know what to expect from customer service, and I know how to talk to a representative to best get what I need. C even makes me call or talk to any service agent that is needed. I am more patient and willing to guide the person I am talking to through there process.

Sometimes though ineptness and an inherent failure to listen compels a distinct frustration of futility arises. I spent the better part of the night speaking with different departments of a particular company. I won't name the company but sometimes when customer service seems to fail you all you can do is smile and realize that no matter what patience and that smile in your voice will turn into results.

That being said I think I deserve a big bottle to relax with. I picked out a new one to me. Stone's Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastard Ale is very delicious. The beer pours a clear brown color that reminds me of one of those root beer barrel candies I loved as kid... who am I kidding! I still like them! The beer smells smooth and goes down really easy. There may be a lot of hype around bourbon barrel aging, but this Stone is very easy to drink for everyone. There is no burn from the alcohol and the flavors mingle in a pleasant and dulcet way. Despite the label's up impertinent and cocksure language warning people to stay away, I would encourage people to try this beer as it is very smooth and easy drinking. The vanilla and oaky notes from the bourbon barrel balances any remaining flavors from the normal Arrogant Bastard. I don't mean me!

15 down... 9 left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment