Thursday, December 4, 2014

Advent Calendar Day 3: Chance, Charity, & Christmas Trees

Tonight I was tricked! C tricked me into cleaning out some of my old boxes of random things. In addition to dust these boxes have collected random things over the years. The premise was that she and I were going to put up a Christmas tree in basement. A common name for this room is a "Man Cave". She prefers "family room" or just the basement. I prefer the man cave nomenclature. This is why I like to showcase mainly beer related items. Maybe I should post about the different items down there... I digress...

The menace known as C tricked me into cleaning out some old boxes under the guise of putting up a Christmas Tree with all of the beer and brewery related as ornaments.This great idea got me excited to go through my stuff and find stickers from breweries like Cinder Block or Boulevard. Pins for Allagash and flyers from Nanobrew Fest. All of these were given a ribbon and hung with care on a Christmas tree in the Man Cave.
This is where I realize I have been bamboozled! I look at the room with odds and ends strewn over tables, couches, and floors. I had a soap opera horrifying realization moment! I knew then that I would have to go through the stuff I have had haphazardly rifled through to put it all away.

In the process of recycling old papers and putting some things away, I found an opportunity to donate some of my belongings so that others may enjoy items I have been blessed with but wasn't currently using. This is always a good opportunity to declutter and give to those less fortunate than me.

As I was doing a good job of getting giving and cleaning, C relented and picked my next Advent beer. I was giving a lot to chance on this one. I didn't know what to expect. She fortunately selected Boulevard's Mid-Coast IPA! This beer pours orange with a nice head on it. As designed the IPA is pretty hoppy and really brings the bitterness in a way that is enjoyable and crisp. I found the piney notes from the beer funny as I picked up the Christmas tree needles from floor. I really do enjoy this beer and was a good one to drink as blew the dust away and decorated a Christmas Tree. 


No comments:

Post a Comment